Individual therapy is a one-on-one session between a patient and a therapist. These two create an alliance or professional relationship to build trust and bond. This focused therapy aims to unravel the root causes of your addiction. Our counselors believe that something might have triggered a patient to engage in such addictive behaviors.
The benefits of individual therapy include:
- Allows a patient to self-reflect
- Confidentiality of a patient’s personal issues
- Intensive analysis and treatment
- A thorough understanding of the patient’s problematic issues
- A patient can improve his/her communication skills
Group therapy involves two or more individuals who undergo a counseling session together. These individuals share similar concerns, and the counselor facilitates the discussion among the group. This therapy setting allows all members to share their experiences as well as listen to others’ experiences. Each group member gives insights on such issues, which everyone shares.
Group therapy offers several advantages including:
- Assures a patient that he’s not alone and that some people share the same situation as him
- Develops self-awareness
- Promotes peer support
- Improves communication skills and allows patients to openly accept feedback
- Allows patients to begin developing a support system to reinforce long-term recovery
If you wish to learn more about our services, call us at 661-941-4007. You may also leave a message here.